DojoNetworks is a leading provider of high speed data services focused on providing its services to multi-dwelling units (MDUs) with a national footprint. The company started providing ISP services in 1996 and has been providing services in its current form since 2001. Currently the company provides service to hundreds of properties and has been growing at over 40% per year.
DojoNetworks is a rapidly growing Internet Service Provider that specializes in Internet for apartments and multi-tenant housing including student housing, low income housing, senior housing, condominiums and multi-family housing and Home Owner Associations (HOAs). We began servicing the apartment living market in 2002 and have continually improved and refined our offerings since then. Providing amenity based internet services is now the primary offering from our company and our singular focus.
Build a network that works well, is resilient, highly monitored and easily and rapidly supportable and upgradeable for the future and keeps up with the latest competitive offerings. Build an asset into the property and be a true partner to our clients.
Current Service offerings:
- Bulk Internet and managed WiFi
- Bulk Video/TV services
- Access Control and Security Systems
- Smart Phone Apps for smart apartment control
- IoT monitoring and control systems
(more services info)
Network Architecture– In building its robust carrier class network, DojoNetworks has focused on several key design principles that have guided its equipment and configuration decisions:
- Predictable – The Company has utilized only a handful of equipment models that it uses. It uses primarily Cisco and Ruckus ICX switches and routers; and carrier class fiber equipment. These carrier class vendors have been selected because they perform reliably and fit a wide variety of usage cases in our network and provide easy upgrade paths.
- Redundant – DojoNetworks typically builds sites with multiple paths in and out. The Company prefers ring architectures and have live secondary equipment serving different paths of the ring at multiple important locations.
- Easy support – DojoNetworks equipment selections are fairly common models so it’s very easy to find additional units and find staffing to support it. Having a limited number of equipment models in the network allows DojoNetworks to spare items with fewer parts and keep our staff familiar with fewer platforms for quick repair in the event of a hardware failure.
We typically build fiber to a property and then install a high-quality on-premise network, either wired Cat6/Fiber and add on troublefree WiFi depending on the building owners needs, goals and budget.. We work through the pros and cons of all of the options. And then what we install is a win-win in that the property owner makes margin and is able to offer a hands-off amenity at less than tenants can get it themselves, property owners earn a revenue share on any speed upgrades selected by tenants. The tenants benefit by getting an excellent service that is cheaper than the alternatives.